Highly bespoke talent delivery solution to fuel growth of disruptive payday FinTech scale up
FreeUp are a unique, ethical fintech business that is looking to revolutionise the way salaries are paid. Founded in 2015, they have created a technology that enables employees to receive early payment for wages at no extra cost.
In the summer of 2019 FreeUp were acquired by Greensill after Greensill received £510m in investment from Softbank’s tech investment Vision Fund.
- Evolved to cover other hires in other business areas including Product, DevOps, Data, Marketing and Communications
- Our Solutions Specialists worked very closely with the CTO – also one of the co-founders of FreeUp – to create and implement a high-touch solution. The model focuses on sourcing the best tech talent rapidly and seamlessly whilst reducing the administrative burden and simplifying the process of recruitment
- Our solution has more recently expanded to cover other areas of the business outside engineering and has included expert guidance on preparing for the IR35 legislative changes as well as the best way to engage with the talent they require to continue to fuel their dramatic growth
- A total of 6 interviews took place for the contractors, an 83% interview to placement ratio demonstrating the benefit of our partnership approach and in-depth understanding of FreeUp’s technical needs
- Average time frame of 5 working days between the roles becoming live and having the contractor on site
- Made 6 permanent hires between December and February, including 1 lead, 1 mid and 4 senior Developers
- 23 applications to 6 hires – a ratio of less than 4:1 candidates to successful hire – achieved through a streamlined process and highly effective collaboration